Tyler Turner's Introduction

Hello, my name is Tyler Turner. I am a senior here at USC Upstate and a Mass Communications major. I plan on becoming a librarian after I graduate. I was born and raised here in Spartanburg, South Carolina for most of my life, though I have also lived in Charleston. I love to read, particularly fantasy novels and comics. My favorite books are Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and the "Harry Potter" series. I enjoy reading the fantasy genre because it creates entire worlds to explore and think about filled with unique characters and creatures that you can't get from real life or more realistic novels. I feel that adolescent literature is particularly important because it comes in at such a crucial time in a person's development. Books can be a way for young adults to express and understand themselves or connect with other people that are different than them. I hope that by studying adolescent literature I'll gain a better understanding and appreciation for it and use the knowledge gained in this class to further my librarian career.

Comments

  1. I agree with you, about why adolescent literature is so important. I know that when I was going through High School, reading was my escape from everything that is going on around me. I would put myself in their shoes and go through the book as if I was in it. I also hope that by studying adolescent literature I'll be better prepared to teach my student and understand exactly what they are going through.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!!!! You will be surrounded by lovely books at work! I am so jealous. I would be walking around smelling like cleaning products and surrounded my sick people. Adult Literature is one of my favorite genres, and I feel like it gets a bad rep of being considered not up to par with great literature, so thanks for actually echoing how I feel about it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Growing Pains - The Symbolism of the Tree in Speak

How Starr Goes from Acting to Embracing in The Hate U Give

Speak and the Symbolism of Nature