The Wannabe Doctor



Hello, Classmates! My name is Manette Tanelus. I am Haitian, and I was born in Port-de-Paix, Haiti. I grew up in Fort-Lauderdale, FL, which is 20 minutes from Miami. I am currently studying Biology with a focus in Pre-Medicine. I am also double minoring in Creative Writing (hence this class), and French Studies. I speak Creole, French, and English. 

I have always been a bit of a book nerd. I have all the Harry Potter series, a collection of Henry Ibsen plays, a collection of Shakespeare's works, and a couple of poetry books. I haven't had much time to read in the past year because my life is overwhelmed with studying, but I am excited to get back to it. I recently read Dirty Pretty Little Things by Michael Faudet (NOT YA), and I try to read every Ellen Hopkins book ever published.

Aside from my love of reading, I occasionally attempt writing, and I have been told that I don't completely suck at it. I also used to play the alto saxophone, which I would love to start up again. My Mother is a seamstress in Haiti at the present moment, and case you have trouble pinpointing me, I'm the short little black girl with the razorblade necklace! 

TOODLES :D

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Growing Pains - The Symbolism of the Tree in Speak

How Starr Goes from Acting to Embracing in The Hate U Give

Speak and the Symbolism of Nature