Malik Floyd

Hi I'm Malik Floyd and I am from Clinton, South Carolina which is a small town about 45 mins away from Spartanburg. I am a middle level education major concentrating in English and Social Studies. I hope that one day I am able to have an impact on someone’s life enough to where they are able to do the same for someone else. By doing that I will have truly accomplished my life goal as a teacher. I am a very hard worker and I try my best at everything I do. I am the Vice President of Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity Inc. I am also involved in various organizations around campus such as TEACH and the Teaching Man which makes me a very busy person. When I am able to have free time I like going to the gym, listening to music, hanging with friends, or just simply by myself thinking of various things.
          When it comes to reading books I don’t really read as many books as I should. What I like about English the most is that in different text an author can have a double meaning in their work or an extended metaphor. I like the fact that someone can express their self in an extended metaphor and it is up to the reader to digest it. It kind of reminds me at times why I have a strong love for music and their lyrics. I spend most of my time reading lyrics or different articles online about religion, history, and just things that I am interested in. I have just started back picking up the book and I am currently reading the autobiography of Malcom X. So far I have enjoyed reading about Malcom X and seeing how he grew up and how he became the person everyone knows and talks about in the history classes.  So I do enjoy reading I guess books haven’t been my main focus over the years, but I am working on it.

          

Comments

  1. Malik, I think it's cool that you have the mindset to want to encourage and inspire someone else, so that they too can pass it on to the next person. I feel that same way. I relate to you 100% when you say that you are a hard-worker because I feel the same way about myself. I also find it cool the way that an author can write something in a book and mean it one way, then a reader comes along and digests it as something totally different. For me that makes reading fun. My question to you is if you could choose any book, or song lyrics of your choice to read to your class of students in the future, what would you choose first?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally understand what you are saying about how music can tell a story/multiple stories depending on the listener. I pretty much only listen to music that is lyrically interesting for that reason. I agree that it makes English such a cool subject, because the message is all dependent upon someone's unique perceptions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you want to be there for other kids who need help. I don't know why but I'm always intrigued and amazed when I see males who are education majors. I like the idea of you being there for and making a difference in children's lives, especially young boys. I agree with you 100% about song lyrics! Sometimes just one line in a song can be such an eye opener and be so relevant to your current situation or feelings.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Growing Pains - The Symbolism of the Tree in Speak

How Starr Goes from Acting to Embracing in The Hate U Give

Speak and the Symbolism of Nature