Keyona Davis

My name is Keyona Davis and I’m from St. George, SC, which is about one hour from the beautiful city of Charleston. I have two sisters, one older and one younger, one little brother, and a nephew who is the funniest, smartest little 3 year old I know. I chose USC Upstate as a school because it was a good distance from home and I just wanted to get away. I now have a little sister who is here with me for her freshman year, which is kind of cool that she wanted to follow in my footsteps. I’m now a senior however, so she only gets to spend one year here with me.  
I’m a very hardworking person, and I always finish what I start. I’m also a Christmas Eve baby which has been a good thing and a not so good thing. In my free time I’m usually watching T.V, hanging with my friends, or my boyfriend. I enjoy reading anything that interests me, shopping, making money, and being around people who are full of good vibes and laughter. I am an English major, and with my degree I plan to go to Law School, or either join the Air Force and become a Paralegal Assistant.

            As a little kid reading was always my favorite thing to do. At home I have a trunk full of books. I was a fan of the Junie B. Jones books, which I’m sure I’ve had every collection and read every single one, as well as the Magic Tree House books. Two books that I will always remember reading as a kid because of the impact that they had on me are Beat the Turtle Drum by Constance Greene, and Don’t Hurt Laurie by Willo Davis-Roberts. In middle school I fell in love with reading books that were realistic fiction such as things by Sharon Draper and many of the Bluford series books. Now that I’m older I would say that realistic fiction books are still a favorite of mine, but I do want to expand my reading horizons a little more. This summer I read a short book by Rupi Kaur called Milk and Honey that was a collection of poems and found it really interesting. 

Comments

  1. I never read the Junie B Jones series. I need to catch up on a lot of kids and adolescent reading!
    I also like realistic fiction. I like historical fiction too.
    I recently got into reading poems myself. I took an American literature class with Prof O'Brien and we read poetry from a book called "Black Nature" which is poems about nature by African American authors and it was a pretty cool experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, so I am so glad someone shares my love of Junie B. Jones. She is everything! She was the inspiration for my sassy childhood. I was actually born in January so I totally understand that whole birthday/Christmas dilemma. Since you said you possibly want to go to law school, I'm just curious about what type of law you're interested in practicing?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember reading a few Junie B. Jones books in elementary school and I always enjoyed them. I am with you when it comes to shopping and making money! Like you I am considering Law School, and I have also though about the paralegal path.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved Junie B. Jones and The Magic Tree House books too when I was a kid. I used to read them all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember Junior B. Jones and the Magic Tree House as a kid. I also have a little brother but he is only 13. I can only imagine how it would be if we could share a year in school together

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Growing Pains - The Symbolism of the Tree in Speak

How Starr Goes from Acting to Embracing in The Hate U Give

Speak and the Symbolism of Nature