Taylor Simmons - Introduction/Favorite Books

Hey everyone, my name is Taylor Simmons. I am a Secondary Education English Major. I'm from Columbia, SC (kinda). My dad is in the military so I moved around a couple of times but I graduated high school in Columbia, so that's where I usually say I am from. I have two jobs, one being at the H&M clothing store here in Spartanburg at Westgate Mall and I also work at the front desk in the Wellness Center gym on campus. I love reading, I have enjoyed it my whole life. Young Adult fiction is my favorite genre to read. I began reading this genre mostly in middle school. It's hard for me to name a specific favorite book because I have so many. Some of my favorite Young Adult authors are Sarah Dessen, Just Listen is one of my favorite books by her. John Green is another one of my favorite authors. I also enjoy the Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children series of books by Ransom Riggs. The Crank series by Ellen Hopkins is another one of my favorites. I also love Impulse, Identical and Burned by Ellen Hopkins as well. In middle school and high school I read so much but since I have came to college I just haven't had the time to actually sit down and read anymore. I am glad that I am taking this class because it will give me a chance to make time to sit down and read some of my favorite books again.

Comments

  1. Hey Taylor! Do you happen to know Hogan Davidson? He works at H&M and we're pretty good friends! I've probably seen you a couple of times at the Wellness Center, too! I absolutely love John Green! What books do you like by him? I have the same issue with reading in college, it's nearly impossible. I can't wait to get back into the groove of reading some YA literature.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Growing Pains - The Symbolism of the Tree in Speak

How Starr Goes from Acting to Embracing in The Hate U Give

Speak and the Symbolism of Nature