The Dream World

   



     I think this book does a great job at bringing awareness to the subject of relationships in school environments. I'm not sure that the delivery of the matter is very realistic though. The depiction of heterosexuality and homosexuality is very extreme. I think the world is evolving and beginning to become more accepting of homosexuality which the book tends to focus on. Honestly love is love, me personally i was never really understanding on why other people care so much about what others do and who they love. In all of my experience of school I've only met one person who was openly homosexual. This was in middle school by the way, where students really don't understand and are less mature. From the outside looking in it seemed as though he was an outcast, yet he was a very strong individual, he endured a lot.  A lot of individuals tend to not reveal their sexuality until they graduate which happens often but he did at an early age. Something that I've question which the book brings up also was a quote that stated, "His parents are extremely religious. It doesn't even matter which religion—they're all the same at a certain point, and few of them want a gay boy cruising around with his friends on a Saturday night". I think people use religion as an excuse to not accept another person's choosing. I think this is the main cause of Homophobia. The character of Infinite Darlene is different dealing that she is a transgender football, player her character is very complex shes not just a football player which is interesting. A character this complex seem too good to be true which gave me the idea that this book is not very realistic, which is okay because the book served its purpose. I believe it should be taught or the subject of sexuality should be pushed in schools more to allow children to be more understanding.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Growing Pains - The Symbolism of the Tree in Speak

How Starr Goes from Acting to Embracing in The Hate U Give

Speak and the Symbolism of Nature