Introduction

 Hi everyone! My name is Wilson. I'm a senior right now and i'll be graduating this spring. I'm majoring in English, with a focus of Writing and Rhetoric. I have not taken a minor. My career goal is to be a Multiline Independent Insurance Claims Adjuster, dealing with things like damage from the friendly neighborhood hurricane bands that make their way up here whenever the storms hit land. This requires a high level of reading and writing skill, as adjusters have to be able to grasp policy language (among other claims-related terminology) and write reports on the status of the claim. While I have the necessary license and some experience as an adjuster, I am likely going to be getting training and experience from other adjusters before i go to work proper in my father's company, Superior Insurance Services.

I'm a very good learner with literature, but i've never explored adolescent literature, especially not from the angles and theories that we have used so far. I look forward to what this class has to offer!

 I used to be a fanatical reader, but my interests and recent circumstances have largely stunted my page-turning habits. My current hobbies are usually yardwork or playing various video games, such as Stellaris, Space Engineers, Mad Max, RAGE 2, and Fallout 4. The first is often played jointly with my father, as we both have come to enjoy the game and take up mastery of different aspects in it, making us a cooperating force of great skill. Yardwork is a relief from the screens and technological presence, and i can sometimes be uncannily clever and dexterous with manual work.

Comments

  1. Just from this post I really want to read your writing now!! Your career goal sounds very interesting and I hope you succeed. Excited to be working with you this semester!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Growing Pains - The Symbolism of the Tree in Speak

How Starr Goes from Acting to Embracing in The Hate U Give

Speak and the Symbolism of Nature