Blog Post 1 - Introduction

      Hey y'all, my name is Abigail Mardis but I go by Abby. I am a Junior here at Upstate and I am majoring in Middle Level Education with a concentration in English and a cognate in History. When it comes to hobbies, I really enjoy hanging out with my friends, watching TV, and driving around while listening to music. I am also very involved in my church and enjoy helping out there in anyway I can. I currently work at Gaffney Nutrition where I make things like energy teas and meal replacement shakes and I usually work around 20 hours a week. 

    I tend to be more of a hands-on learner, I like to do activities that will help me process what I am learning because I feel like it gives me a better understanding of the lesson. I do not always do the best with just taking notes because I normally just rush to get everything down and don't actually retain the information. Like I stated in my previous introduction, the book "Are you There, God? It's me, Margaret" stood out to me so much during my childhood and adolescence. I saw so much of myself in Margaret and she really helped me get through some of the most confusing times of my life. 

Comments

  1. I am a middle grades major as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Abby! That's awesome that you work at Gaffney Nutrition! I love that place! I also am a huge music person!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Growing Pains - The Symbolism of the Tree in Speak

How Starr Goes from Acting to Embracing in The Hate U Give

Speak and the Symbolism of Nature