Blog Post 1: Introduction

 Hey everyone! My name is Bailey Duncan, and I go by Bailey. I am currently in my junior here at Upstate with a major of Secondary Education and a concentration in English. I played Volleyball for six years but decided not to continue playing in college, even though I still love it. I am in a sorority here at Upstate called Zeta Tau Alpha where I have met my best friends in the entire world, who also just happen to be my roommates now. I spend about 95% of my with the girls in my sorority, including at work, and they have really become a second family. I have a major addiction to energy drinks, so I will probably have one in hand every class. I currently work at a daycare here in Spartanburg where I get to spend most afternoons playing with and looking after some pretty adorable 2 year old children. 

Something you might want to know about me as a learner is that I struggle a bit with keeping focus. When I read books or do assignments, I constantly find myself having to take many breaks in order to get the work done. It is extremely annoying, but it is the only way I find myself able to get good work done. If you see me in class a bit off task, this is my way of taking a break and regrouping myself to get more work done. 

Growing up, I absolutely hated reading. That is, until my sister introduced me to the Harry Potter series. Since then, I have been a book addict. This may sound nerdy, but those books are extremely important to me because they are the reason I finally enjoyed reading and opened myself up to more books. The Scarlet Letter is also an important book to me. The unit in high school where I was taught about this book was what made me realize that I wanted to become an English teacher in the first place. 

Comments

  1. Hey, Bailey! I'm the exact same way when it comes to getting work done, I also find myself having to take breaks while I'm doing assignments or I will lose focus really easily.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, Bailey I also was introduced to the Harry Potter series as one of the series that sparked my interest with reading and it is still one of favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember reading the Harry Potter series with great fondness. It was one of my first and biggest introductions to a concept of a fantasy world. Of course, from there i rapidly jumped into Fantasy, having blitzed through various books from The Forgotten Realms, Dragonlance, and other such series.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Growing Pains - The Symbolism of the Tree in Speak

How Starr Goes from Acting to Embracing in The Hate U Give

Speak and the Symbolism of Nature