Greetings!

     Hello! My name is Emily Logan Sandor, but I go by Logan. I am twenty years old. I am a Junior at USC Upstate majoring in Middle Level Education with a focus in English. When I am not stuck behind my computer I am most likely outside with my German Shepherd, Mabry. Mabry is still a puppy and keeps me on my toes, along with my set of triplets that I nanny. 

    Growing up I enjoyed reading, but it was challenging for me to keep up with my grade level and I often found myself reading "easy books." The last book I picked up for pleasure was The Fault in Our Stars by John Green. I was a rising freshman in high school...yes that long ago. Recently I was encouraged to read for pleasure again and I found myself falling back in love with reading. My entire 7th grade read The Hunger Games, and we did lots of activities; including going to see the movie in theatre. 

    Throughout high school we of course touched all of the boring books that I personally believe we can now exclude from the agenda, but I don't write the rules. Those books include, but are not limited to Animal Farm, Odysseus, Romeo and Juliet, Julius Caesar and all kinds of Edgar Allan Poe. These are just a hand full of the ones I did NOT enjoy reading. The only things I enjoyed in high school (reading wise) was short stories and Night. Night was about a young boy surviving through the holocaust as a Jew. 

    My senior year I enrolled in dual enrollment where I took English 101 and 102. In dual enrollment we mostly focused on short stories and essays. I can remember learning how to write a research paper, annotated bibliography, and a critical analysis. I would have liked to have read more YA novels in high school rather than the (boring, outdated, hard to understand) books we were asked to read. That is why I am super excited to dive into the 8 YA books that we will be working on this semester. 

Best of luck to everyone and may we all keep our calm during these trying times. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Growing Pains - The Symbolism of the Tree in Speak

How Starr Goes from Acting to Embracing in The Hate U Give

Speak and the Symbolism of Nature