The Curious Incident of the Dog in The Nighttime

My initial reaction to “The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time” was that I wasn’t going to be interested in it. That’s due to the title along, I thought it was going to be a book about a dog missing, that’ll have this cliché ending and whatnot. Boy was I wrong, this book has so many twists and turns. Including the idea to tell the story through the eyes of a character with autism. Christopher John Francis Boone, our main character, faces some trials and tribulations. For starters, what starts off as an investigation for Christopher, turns into this personal adventure. His own personal life is affected on his own decision to jump into a simple pet murder investigation.  From discovering adultery of his neighbor, which was a response to his own Mother cheating with the neighbor\ the slain pet’s owner husband. This book was like a soap opera, if not better. The intrigue and the twist don’t stop there. His own Father is involved in some secrecy as well. Hiding letters from Christopher’s Mother, who Christopher thought was dead. Seems like something straight out of “The Young & the Restless”, it’s like a string of unexpected events. I couldn’t predict what would happen next. That’s exactly what happen because Christopher’s Dad is revealed to be the culprit behind the pet murder. I know the saying, “Don’t judge a book by it’s a cover”, this book is the prime example of that being true. Overall, I enjoyed my journey throughout this book. At first I was skeptical, but I really liked it. “The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time” may not have grabbed my attention at first but it was a good mystery book. I not only loved how good the book was but I loved the way the author portrayed autism to us and showed all of Christopher’s struggles dealing with it. It was very confusing at points because it was all over the place but the point and message of it was to show the way Christopher’s mind worked. I would recommend this book to others and it’ll be added to my personal collection.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Growing Pains - The Symbolism of the Tree in Speak

How Starr Goes from Acting to Embracing in The Hate U Give

Speak and the Symbolism of Nature