The absolute true diary of a part time indian - Krishanda Davis

The absolute true diary of a part time Indian by Sherman Alexie was a really good novel and I enjoyed reading it. At first I was kind of sketchy about reading it because I thought it was going to be boring and about history, I was gladly proven wrong. He definitely did a really good job of covering a lot of topics in the book. It was relatable to me on a certain level because I have lost someone close to me not as many people as he did at one time but I have had to deal with death in the family and I also have been somewhere where I feel I did not belong, like a fish out of water.
                All of the characters are very interesting to me, I love all of their stories. Arnold was my favorite mainly because it was told from his point so I could relate to him better. Throughout the book Arnold’s character development was amazing he did a whole transformation and overcame so many battles. He used a lot of graphics that helped build up the book but I honestly think he used it as a coping method because the book was a lot, he used the pictures to kind of lighten the mood. The structure of the book was in order of how things went in his life, which was very interesting to me.
                Overall I liked this book and think it is a very good book to teach a lesson about in a young adult classroom, it teaches really good lessons and opens your eyes to a lot of things. It also teaches you different ways to cope with problems we face as adolescents and how we should be thankful that we aren’t going through as much as some people are. It also teaches you to not judge a book by its cover because going by the title of this book I did not want to read it but I did enjoy it after all.

Comments

  1. Krishanda,
    I really like your post! I appreciate how you mention liking all of the characters and their stories and not just Arnolds, because all of the characters are important. I enjoyed your use of simile as well. I think it's important to focus on how it's going to influence young readers as well, which you mentioned.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Growing Pains - The Symbolism of the Tree in Speak

How Starr Goes from Acting to Embracing in The Hate U Give

Speak and the Symbolism of Nature